Interior doors can make a huge impact in your home, both financially and aesthetically. Investing in new doors for your home or business is a great way to increase the value of your property, reduce energy costs and improve your comfort. They can be custom made to fit your application requirements and the style of your home’s overall interior design. From traditional and contemporary to rustic and craftsman style, you can choose an interior door that complements your existing trim for a finished look.
How to Choose Your Interior Doors in Surrey
Choosing a new interior door is an important step when building or remodeling your home. When shopping around, consider style, materials, soundproofing and door swing to ensure you are investing in a quality product and avoiding any potential problems. Here are some more factors you should consider in order to pick a door that is right for your needs and specifications:
- Door Style: When contemplating your interior door style, it is okay to mix and match, giving your home more of a fun and eclectic feel. However, you will want to keep some elements the same to maintain a sense of flow in the home. Also, keep in mind the size of the room. Choosing a large and ornate door can make a smaller room look even smaller. Try to select a door that does not occupy overwhelming attention in your room.
- Door Swing: Interior door manufacturers can customize your door for a right-hand or left-hand swing. Your door hinges and handles will coincide with which way your door swings when it opens and closes. Try to avoid having your door open into a hall or corridor, as it can be dangerous and obstructive.
- Door Framing: Never use cheap framing materials or building shortcuts when installing a door. This can cause damage to the door and end up costing you more down the road. It is critical to follow instructions and contact a professional door installer if you are not familiar with the process.
- Door Sound Ratings: Doors have a Sound Transmission Class (STC) that measures the amount of sound loss through the door. A high STC number means less sound is passing through the door. For rooms that you may want to close off frequently in order to block other sounds, it is better that you look for a higher STC rating.
- Types of Doors: With so many different types and styles to choose from, including sliding, pocket, folding, flush, barn, panel, etc., it is important to factor in the space you have available before deciding on the visual aspect.
- Door Materials: This really comes down to your personal preference and how important durability is to you. You can pick solid wood, MDF, hollow core, solid core, metal or glass.
Doors Galore is a full service custom door manufacturer and dealer in Surrey, BC, offering homeowners and contractors the largest selection of interior and exterior doors. Whether you are looking to remodel your home or simply interested in giving your room a facelift, our inventory consists of countless styles, sizes and price tags to meet your needs and budget. With over 20 years of door manufacturing and installation experience, you can trust us to provide consistently high quality products and seamless service from start to finish.